Tuesday 15 October 2024

October...

A Half Month of Miscellany...

The first two weeks have seen some house-making (1/72 apartment buildings for my city-based Roman - but basically anything Mediterranean-ish - battles & skirmishes) and boat-building/painting (1:1200 to 6mm to 1/72) while I jiggled family issues, struggled through two nasty cold-flu-type bugs and endured play rehearsals.

I also had to get the kit together for (and fight at) this year's Battle of Hastings reenactment (getting a bash in the eye and some new bruises, but I've had worse). High point: getting maced on the head twice by William The Bastard himself, while his horse tried to push me over... The things we do.... 

I also dug out (and expanded with some Ebay buys) my Advanced Heroquest tile n' features collection; partly for more D&D solo fun, but also for some group play, now we have room at "New House: Working Title".


It's nice to see that there still seems to be online interest in this cracking little game. 

I am also, (of course) tinkering with my D&D House Rules - having stumbled across my home-bashed stuff from the 80s (pic).


Also also; have a friend who has NEVER got to play Space Hulk - despite being desperate to - back in the day. I have promised that this will be rectified.

Oh, and some wee, pre-painted 1/300 architectural model folk arrived for experimenting with as 5/6mm civilians/crew. Look as if they will work well when based.



As soon as I get up to speed health & family-wise we'll be kicking off another campaign. As always, watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October...

A Half Month of Miscellany.. . The first two weeks have seen some house-making (1/72 apartment buildings for my city-based Roman - but basic...