On the cards some time this side of Xmas are:
- A revamp of my old Colonial Campaign (loosely based on the world of "Sanders of the River" - I found my old campaign map & scratchbuilt river boat "Zaire"last year).
- A Romano-Judean thang (I'm part way through painting up a Judean force & lots of flat-topped houses) and more testudos.
- Getting That Schiltron done (It's O.K. Robin.... The Bishop of Huntingdon has just brought in some Scots mercenaries.. Nothing to see here, just move along...).
- FINALLY getting my Napoleonic & FIW skirmish-only figs painted (Hah!).
- Possible pipe-dreams: Mid 19thC colonial - small scale skirmishing/Maori wars/Sarawak etc. Lots of conversion necessary though - unless I'm going to switch scales (shudder)...... I REALLY need to read less Flashman.....
- Dad's Army WW2 - but am finding the ol' "One-scale-fits-none" issue when trying to mix & match manufacturers a tad trying (yes, "other scales are available", but "shudder", as above)....
|"WILL paint you - under one condition... That one of you reveals the true size, approximate or exact, of the scale known as 1/72.."|
Also dabbling in some RPG work (25mm-28mm); sci-fi, board game proxies & modern policing.
Or maybe I'll just carry on with the traditional wargamer displacement activity of re-boxing the bods, online (i.e looking at more figs. "Curse You PSR!!"), fiddling with board games - and dreaming up more projects....
Meanwhile, back on earth; I posted this pic below on the FB groups last year....
May be of use/interest to someone. I find that for a "Generic Western Barbarian" (Yes. I Know.. But sometimes you need as many bods on the field as you can get..) army they all mix in pretty well once on the table - with the odd Irregular Miniatures 20mm chap thrown in and some 15mm slingers etc. for herd boys and over-eager kiddies... I "rationalise" the HaT Germans (generally thinner figs. - and sparingly clad) as "youths & low status folk" - on the basis that they ain't been getting the nutriments or are at that teen "gangly" stage..
I will try to do more of these comparison things ("Denyer ! You should be painting !!!!") for different scales as I set up for games/dig things out of boxes since, when I stumble across them online, I find them really useful - given the horrid worlds of scale-creep, pumpkin-heads, "I still really live in the 1970s so never put pics of my products on my website" manufacturers (WTH ?? I gave up buying blind from classified ads in wargame magazines in 1985 !! ) and bloatism (Climbs down from soapbox... Shakes bee from bonnet..).
I will also post some more re-vamps of "How I roll" techniques, event & decision table and "Movement Spiders" previously posted on FB groups, but there will be a brief "radio silence" here, since I'm trolling off to "A Small Town In Germany" to fight our dear friends the Jerries (1504 reenactment, deep down in Baden-Württemberg) next week.
I shall return - unless they give us "Inselaffen" too good a good pasting (most of 'em are half my age these days.. :) ).