Saturday 10 July 2021

Admin & Planning Post

 General Stuff....

Have been reading Thomas Holt's (excellent) historical novels this month - but there's no way I'm doing hoplite warfare.....

Unless my old H&R 1/300s come out to play....

New purchases for reading & playing/idea-poaching (below).



Meanwhile, more mixed figure painting undertaken and my first plastic model AFV kit for fifty years put together (pic)..

Did polystyrene cement ALWAYS melt the plastic like that? I can't remember. Or maybe it's just that my fingers were nimbler...



I need to print out some unit markings for it (special project: watch this space), but it'll do....

Plus more conversions (why?).... 


I'm not 100% sure who the chap in the frock coat will be, as he didn't turn out quite as I intended... Bit tall for Einstein..? Mark Twain should be in white, I feel. She Who Must Be Obeyed said it looked like me. Bloody cheek...

Mind you, I do have a frock coat. And a waistcoat that colour. And I haven't been near a hairdresser since last year's Spring, so maybe.....

Also, some research on Romans, and reading others' research on Mortimer's Cross - which produced this unusual image....




Re. the Blog itself: I have now made some "Labels" re. subject matter, so as to make searching easier.

Also, I note, re. "hits" on the Blog, that this week there has been a sudden (suspicious) flurry of some several hundred from Sweden; which is not normally part of my "constituency". Very odd..... Hmmm...... 



Anyway, I have promised myself another woodland game this week (not tomorrow; tomorrow we have sword and bill practice), so expect more shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year. New House. New Plans..

New hope...? Well, we're in the new house at last.... I now have: A garage to convert into a workshop for, amongst other things, modelli...