Wednesday 10 April 2019

Twixt Scenario Thoughts.....


Musings on Whither next...

My experimental "Scenario Generator" for my Judean war project having proved less inspiring than I had thought (though the scenarios - I have more already up my sleeve - and games have been brilliant) and more trouble (space issues for the board, and doing it digitally seems less fun) than anticipated, I have pondered other ideas...



However, regular readers of my maunderings will be aware that I make no real claim to originality (standing on the shoulders of giants, as one does) so that it will come to no one's surprise that I occasionally trawl through my "Why don't you throw those comics out, dear? They're ancient, and you hardly ever look at them..." modelling n' wargames magazines for ideas and inspiration...

This week I came across a long-ago tagged article from Miniature Wargames Dec. 1987 by a William J. Philpott (a younger version of THE William J. Philpott, military historian and professor of the History of Warfare of today I wondered.....?) entitled "The Peasants Are Revolting"..



The article sets out a solo campaign scenario, based in mid 17thC France (the L'Éminence rouge and all that) and all about quelling the ructious jacquerie, BUT, as the author notes, thoroughly customisable to a range of periods...

With a new map and little tweaking this would fit the Judean War very nicely...




Hmmm... Looks VERY promising.... Watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year. New House. New Plans..

New hope...? Well, we're in the new house at last.... I now have: A garage to convert into a workshop for, amongst other things, modelli...