Friday 12 October 2018

A "No Fighting" month... Well, almost......

October has come.....

More Three Musketeer skirmishing, solo board game playing (mainly Camp Grizzly) and figure painting (more "Musketeer" bods - Cardinal's Guards, sundry civilian folk & mounted bods) and other displacement activity has distracted me  from my "Main Projects"  - and the weeks scamper by apace.



I have also been having a look at the "Two Hour Wargames" mechanisms (which keep being recommended to me by other solo players).  They appear (from reading rather than playing) to do what my "House Rules" do, but with "blinds" and different mechanisms, plus period/scenario/campaign chrome I am happy to work out for myself. Seem good for someone not already an "Old Solo Hand" (now THAT sounds worse than I intended).

I will have a play before venturing on a "review" (something I usually avoid - esp. when a rule set is particularly popular.. Rules are such a personal thang).

Meanwhile have been building up and training folk (plus getting kit together - a sword and a seax are "de-rusting" even as I type and a couple of scabbards made) for "The Battle of Hastings" reenactment at (appropriately) Battle Abbey (let's not get drawn into "It didn't Happen there" controversy...) this weekend.....

"Secret van", the red WagonR "Mary Poppins" is packed for Hastings - almost (HOW do you lose a kite shield in a room 8ft x 8ft...?)

Beer and provisions to buy, final check, pick up warrior & load his stuff, then off for a weekend to battle William the Bastard....!!! Godwinson!!!!!!



(Unless they make us change sides again.... In which case "Normandie..!!!" )
 
Assuming my fingers survive, more painting and playing will commence the week afterwards  - in theory the rest of the musketeer bods, some more medievals and my seriously delayed Romano-Judean project (which looks like being a Winter one now....).

Onwards and upwards... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year. New House. New Plans..

New hope...? Well, we're in the new house at last.... I now have: A garage to convert into a workshop for, amongst other things, modelli...